NEC GBS (Case Study)
NEC, Japan is developing a Global Banking System (GBS) with budget exceeding $50M.
SmartWares represented NEC in India and was responsible for the following:
- Vendor Management:
- Management of 3 vendors and coordination with NEC - across four countries Ė a technical staff of 450.
- Progress monitoring through daily reviews with the vendors.
- Project communications and vendor coordination.
- Infrastructure Management:
- Maintaining a world class 24x7 development environment consisting of high-end HP servers, Tuxedo, Oracle, Weblogic, Rational Rose, ClearQuest, and WebQC
- Managing the multiple high-speed links to the vendors and NECís offices
- HP-UNIX, C, C++, Oracle, Tuxedo, Perl, Weblogic.
- Independent verification of the artifacts released by each vendor to ensure adherence to NECís quality standards and guidelines.
- Daily progress reports to NEC in Japan and USA.
- Daily software releases to Japan for pilot testing.